Monday, July 25, 2011

Mango Salsa

I LOVE this salsa!!! What a great time of year it is to make this amazing salsa. It is so fresh, healthy and delicious. I hope that you love it!
Here is your list of ingredients...so easy, so yummy, and so simple!


4 "Bountiful" Mangoes
1 Bunch Cilantro
1/4 C. Red Onion
2 Lg. Limes
1 Jalapeno
1 Bag Hint of Lime Chips
(Oh and don't forget my secret ingredient so secret that I didn't even put it in the picture:) 4 Dashes of Ginger) 
 If you are new to this delicious and very healthy fruit let me introduce you to it. The mango has a large flat seed in the middle of it that can make it a bit tricky. So the best line of attack is to take your knife and starting from the top slice down the middle of it cutting around the seed. You then want to score it with your knife being careful not to cut your hand. Then flip it inside out like so.
 Then slide your fingers under the skin of the mango (holding it over the bowl so that you don't loose all of that tasty juice) and pop them out and into a bowl.
Helpful Hint: I had particularly large mango's so I gave them a shave with my knife to make them a bit smaller and then popped them out with my fingers.

Next you want to chop up your jalapeno and onion into chunks and throw it in a mini food processor and chop it up as big or as little as you like yours, I don't like a big bite of onion so I chop mine small.
Add this mixture to your mangoes. Next chop up your cilantro, which you can add to them food processor with the onion and jalapeno if you like. I just like mine a little less chopped so I do it separately. Add your cilantro, lime juice and ginger and stir to combine. Like I said so simple and so good, enjoy!


Helpful Hints AKA Some like it Hot: This is not a particularly spicy salsa, I am shall we say heat sensitive:) If you would like it to be a bit spicier then feel free to add more jalapenos or even the seeds if you are like it hot.

Tasty Suggestions: This is a big recipe so here are some other great ways to use it up.
Over Grilled Chicken
In a Grilled Chicken Salad
Over Fish
On a Hamburger
My list could go on and on but I would love to hear what you all do with it!

1 comment:

Cara and Mike said...

I am SO happy you posted this recipe! MMM - It is SO OOOOOO good! I can't wait to try it! :)