Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Citrus Tarragon Chicken Kabobs

This week I made Citrus Tarragon Chicken Kabobs and can I just say that eating off of a stick is fun especially for kids. Not only are they fun but they are down right delicious and perfect for your summer BBQ's!



Citrus Tarragon Chicken Kabobs




Alright enough chit chat we've got to get these babies on the grill because the next place they will go is in your mouth and I promise you will be thanking me for it! Here's what you are going to need.





1/2 C. Orange Marmalade



1/3 C. Fresh Lime Juice



2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce



2 Tbsp. Honey



1/2 Tsp. Ginger Powder



1/8 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes



1 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Tarragon



2 Tbsp. Green Onions, Sliced Thinly



4 Chicken Breasts



2 "Bountiful" Onions



6 Sweet "Bountiful" Peppers



1 lb. "Bountiful"Yukon Gold Potatoes (Last Weeks Basket)



12 Skewers


Now the question that I have to ask myself is just how did I forget 3 things in this photo shoot? Well here they are and these Kabobs are so much better with them.






1/4 C. Fresh Lemon Juice



3 Cloves Garlic



1 Tsp. Fresh Thyme



Salt and Pepper


The first thing that you want to do is make the marinade. Whisk together
all of the above ingredients except the your "Bountiful" Veggies and the Chicken. Then cut your chicken into 1 inch chunks. Place the chicken into a zip top bag and pour 3/4 of the marinade into the plastic bag and let it marinate anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours. While your chicken is marinating chop your "Bountiful" Veggies into 1 inch chunks. You also will want to soak your skewers in water if you are using bamboo or wooden skewers. Now it is time to assemble and get grillin' I like to assemble mine like so... chicken, onion, pepper... I think that one of the best parts of making Kabobs is that you can make them with what ever veggies you want. Or you can make them with just chicken but is this Bountiful Bliss or what? We need and love our veggies! Salt and Pepper your Kabobs generously with Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper. Now for the grill! Set your grill to Medium Low once your grill is hot turn it off and spray your grill with Pam for Grilling (It's new and I love it! You can get it just about anywhere) so that your Kabobs don't stick and then turn it back on and place your Kabobs on the Grill. As soon as the chicken is cooked through take them off of the grill serve with remaining marinade and enjoy!


Helpful Hints: The basket this week was also great to make the Caramelized Onion Salad that I blogged about last week. Bountiful Onions, Pears and Lettuce your all set for two great dinners this next week!


Oh I almost for got! Or as Dylan my 4 year old would say "I loosed my brains!" The Potatoes. The first thing that you want to do is chop them into 1 inch chunks and boil them until they are cooked through. Then let them cool, I did this step while I was waiting for my chicken to marinade. Once they are cool enough skewer them and brush them with olive oil, or spray them with Pam and season them with Heather's Seasoning Salt (see Stuffed Mirlitons for the recipe) or kosher salt and fresh black pepper. Then place on the grill and cook until they are golden brown. They are fantastic! They taste like homemade potato chips, your going to love them! Do you see them peeking out under the other Kabobs?
Such a fun and delicious dinner!



One last thing until I say goodbye until next week. With it being summer and all of the craziness that comes with it I will be blogging on Wednesdays for now. Thank you for following me through this journey I'll see you next Wednesday!

No comments: